Requirements for all positions
- Gulf Breeze Zoo is a non-smoking workplace.
- Must have a neat, clean appearance.
- No visible tattoos or piercings.
- Must have great people skills.
- Apply in person or email resume to appropriate address.
Guest Services | Cashiers, Cafe, Kitchen & Train Drivers
The Gulf Breeze Zoo is seeking a motivated individuals to join our Zoo Crew in the guest services department. The ideal candidate must be friendly and inviting, while working in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to lift at least 50lbs. Flexible shifts, full-time and part-time available.
- Operate point of sale system in retail and/or cafe setting.
Responsible for selling rides, animal feed, gifts, snacks, food etc.
- Assisting in set up of parties, field trips, and for other events and groups.
- Basic cleaning duties
- Answering phones
- Assisting visitors with questions or concerns
Past experience in customer service and/or retail a plus. Must be 16 to apply, must be 18 with clean driving record to apply for all Train positions. Full-time and part-time positions available, flexible shift scheduling. This is a non-smoking facility. No visible tattoos or facial piercings are permitted. Great pay and a fun work environment!
Contact: Guest Services Manager: email@example.com with resume and availability.
Giraffe Feeding Station Attendant
- Sell animal feed to guests using portable tablet.
- Observe guests feeding giraffes and ensure safe practices within trained guidelines.
- Keep surrounding areas clean throughout duration of shift
- Answer questions and provide information about giraffes.
- Part-time, flexible shifts
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and a positive, friendly attitude
- Must be familiar with touch screen tablets and general working knowledge of point of sale systems
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be able to stand for duration of shift
- Must be able to lift 45 pounds
Contact: Guest Services Manager firstname.lastname@example.org with resume and availability.
Part Time Mechanic
The Gulf Breeze Zoo is seeking a dedicated, self motivated, part-time mechanic with a diverse skill set including small engines, gas and diesel engines, machine operation, and general tool up-keep knowledge.
- Must be able to work rain or shine, in all types of weather
- No visible tattoos or piercings
- Valid driver's license with copy of driving record
- Work history with mechanical experience.
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs or more
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Ability to make inspections and repairs as needed on tractors, small engines, chainsaws, generators, etc.
- Troubleshoot and repair as needed
- Identify parts and components that need repairs
- Inspect and routinely change fluids, filters, lines, lights, etc. as part of weekly checks
- Make lists, keep daily records of tasks and remain organized in large project areas
- Lift, remove, install items as needed per task
Other skills are a bonus, but not necessary:
- Electrical wiring and repair
- Basic machine engineering
- Compensation and Benefits
Gulf Breeze Zoo is a Drug Free and Smoke Free work environment. Competitive salary and paid sick/vacation time.
All applicants must be physically fit and active, able to lift 50 pounds comfortably, and be able to work in all types of weather. Applicants must possess a strong work ethic, a willingness to learn, and a valid driver’s license.
Must adhere to strict personal appearance requirements with no visible tattoos permitted and maintain a non-smoking work environment. Must be able to complete daily tasks in a timely fashion with minimal supervision once trained, and keep accurate daily records. Please submit cover letter and resume to Facilities Manager, email@example.com