Requirements for all positions
- Gulf Breeze Zoo is a non-smoking workplace.
- Must have a neat, clean appearance.
- No visible tattoos or piercings.
- Must have great people skills.
- Apply in person or email resume to appropriate address.
Guest Services | Cashiers, Cafe, Kitchen & Train Drivers
The Gulf Breeze Zoo is seeking a motivated individuals to join our Zoo Crew in the guest services department. The ideal candidate must be friendly and inviting, while working in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to lift at least 50lbs. Flexible shifts, full-time and part-time available.
- Operate point of sale system in retail and/or cafe setting.
Responsible for selling rides, animal feed, gifts, snacks, food etc.
- Assisting in set up of parties, field trips, and for other events and groups.
- Basic cleaning duties
- Answering phones
- Assisting visitors with questions or concerns
Past experience in customer service and/or retail a plus. Must be 16 to apply, must be 18 with clean driving record to apply for all Train positions. Full-time and part-time positions available, flexible shift scheduling. This is a non-smoking facility. No visible tattoos or facial piercings are permitted. Great pay and a fun work environment!
Contact: Guest Services Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org with resume and availability.
Giraffe Feeding Station Attendant
- Sell animal feed to guests using portable tablet.
- Observe guests feeding giraffes and ensure safe practices within trained guidelines.
- Keep surrounding areas clean throughout duration of shift
- Answer questions and provide information about giraffes.
- Part-time, flexible shifts
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and a positive, friendly attitude
- Must be familiar with touch screen tablets and general working knowledge of point of sale systems
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be able to stand for duration of shift
- Must be able to lift 45 pounds
Contact: Guest Services Manager email@example.com with resume and availability.
Part Time Mechanic
The Gulf Breeze Zoo is seeking a dedicated, self motivated, part-time mechanic with a diverse skill set including small engines, gas and diesel engines, machine operation, and general tool up-keep knowledge.
- Must be able to work rain or shine, in all types of weather
- No visible tattoos or piercings
- Valid driver's license with copy of driving record
- Work history with mechanical experience.
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs or more
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Ability to make inspections and repairs as needed on tractors, small engines, chainsaws, generators, etc.
- Troubleshoot and repair as needed
- Identify parts and components that need repairs
- Inspect and routinely change fluids, filters, lines, lights, etc. as part of weekly checks
- Make lists, keep daily records of tasks and remain organized in large project areas
- Lift, remove, install items as needed per task
Other skills are a bonus, but not necessary:
- Electrical wiring and repair
- Basic machine engineering
- Compensation and Benefits
Gulf Breeze Zoo is a Drug Free and Smoke Free work environment. Competitive salary and paid sick/vacation time.
All applicants must be physically fit and active, able to lift 50 pounds comfortably, and be able to work in all types of weather. Applicants must possess a strong work ethic, a willingness to learn, and a valid driver’s license.
Must adhere to strict personal appearance requirements with no visible tattoos permitted and maintain a non-smoking work environment. Must be able to complete daily tasks in a timely fashion with minimal supervision once trained, and keep accurate daily records. Please submit cover letter and resume to Facilities Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Zoo Keeper Great ApesGulf Breeze Zoo, Gulf Breeze, Florida
The Gulf Breeze Zoo, a 50-acre facility located in the beautiful Florida panhandle, is expanding and searching for additional keepers. The Zoo maintains a collection of over 850 animals including great apes, carnivores, primates, birds, reptiles and a large petting area.
Education and Pre-requisites
We are adding a team member to the existing great ape staff. This person will work directly with our breeding group of orangutans and lowland gorillas. Preferred applicants will have a minimum of 2+ years of paid experience working directly with the listed great apes. An Associates or Bachelor's degree is preferred, and those combined with lengthy hands-on experience will be given preference. Job responsibilities include but are not limited to animal care, training, behavioral enrichment, assisting with medical needs, daily records, and help with habitat maintenance. Although the primary role of this position is animal care, interacting and educating guests will be required.
Compensation and Benefits
Gulf Breeze Zoo is a Drug Free and Smoke Free work environment. Competitive salary, insurance, paid sick/vacation time and 401k options available. In addition, a medical benefits package including vision and dental is available.
All applicants must be physically fit and active, able to lift 50 pounds comfortably, and be able to work in all types of weather. Applicants must possess a strong work ethic, a willingness to learn, and a valid driver's license. Must adhere to strict personal appearance requirements with no visible tattoos permitted and maintain a non-smoking work environment. Weekends and holidays are mandatory work days for new hires, as are long days when needed. Must be able to complete daily tasks in a timely fashion with minimal supervision once trained, keep accurate daily records, and be proficient at observing animals. Please submit cover letter, resume, and three professional references to email@example.com